Many women over the age of 40 find that their skin quickly loses its elasticity, becomes dull and lifeless, sagging. However, natural age-related changes are not always the main cause of skin deterioration. You do not need to contact a plastic surgeon immediately to achieve skin rejuvenation and lifting. An excellent effect can be achieved at home.
Causes of skin elasticity loss
In addition to natural aging, which cannot be completely stopped, the skin loses its elasticity under the influence of other factors, the basics of which are explained below.
- Exposure to UV radiation.This phenomenon is called photography. In a solarium, under the influence of direct sunlight or intense exposure to ultraviolet radiation, the skin becomes dehydrated and collagen fibers are destroyed.
- Dehydration.Especially during active sports, in hot climates or in winter, if the drinking regime is not followed with the constant operation of heating devices, the skin becomes very dry, begins to peel and is covered with fine wrinkles.
- Vitamin deficiency.Deficiency of B vitamins, retinol, as well as antioxidants C and E Vitamin deficiency stains the skin, sags, becomes dusty, and possibly peels.
- Bad habits.Smoking, alcohol, lack of sleep and physical activity have a negative effect on the condition of the whole body. However, the most noticeable changes are in the skin, especially in women over 40 years of age.
- Irregular and improper skin care.Excessive use of decorative cosmetics, improperly selected care products and irregular care can lead to dull and lifeless skin.
Home Rejuvenation Techniques
Since the beauty of the skin is directly affected by both external and internal factors, it is necessary to take a comprehensive approach to solving the problem in order to achieve rejuvenation, lifting effect and visible renewal.
Don't change habits
First of all, you need to reconsider your habits and lifestyle and make some adjustments, which will have a positive effect on your appearance and the condition of the body as a whole in the short term.
- Permanent and systematic skin care.Here are the basic care tips.
- Healthy sleep.You should rest at least 7-8 hours a night, the pillow should not be too high and the bed should be soft. It is better to lie on your back to prevent wrinkles and new wrinkles on your face.
- Compliance with drinking mode.It is necessary to drink at least 1. 5-2 liters of clean water a day to prevent dehydration of the skin and body. It is better to drink natural mineral water without gas or herbal teas.
- Walking in the fresh air.Saturate the cells with oxygen, activate blood circulation, improve the skin. Gives skin a healthy glow & fresh look
- Sunscreens are used.Protects skin from the harmful effects of ultraviolet radiation, prevents premature aging. If you are in the sun for more than 30-40 minutes, you should use the sun not only in summer, but at any time of the year.
- To give up bad habits.Or at least a significant reduction in the amount of cigarettes and alcohol consumed. Within a month you will see an improvement in your skin condition.
- Carefully choose care products.Choose creams and masks according to your skin type and the problems you need to solve. When buying, pay attention to shelf life and storage conditions. It is not recommended to use alcohol-based cosmetics after 40 years.
- Proper use of cosmetic products. Thick foundations nourish the skin and replace it with light BB balms that smooth the skin while moisturizing.
- Dietary revision.Include as many fresh vegetables and fruits as possible in your diet, and limit your intake of coffee and black tea. Take a multivitamin if necessary.
After 40 years, a woman's face needs to be regularly cleansed of impurities and dead cells from the top layer of the epidermis to keep it fresh and beautiful. It's easy to do this at home with a shell that you can buy in a store or make yourself.
Using an ordinary washing gel, you can create a universal peel for any skin type. Apply a little gel to your palm, add ½ teaspoon soda and salt, mix well. Apply the mixture on your wet face and gently massage in a circular motion, then rinse with lukewarm water.
Ice Cube Massage
After peeling, tones and tightens the skin, massage with ice cubes. Ice for massage is best made from strong green tea or herbal solutions:
- St John's wort;
- mother and stepmother.
The broth should be saturated, so it is prepared in the amount of 1 tbsp. One tablespoon dry herb per 100 ml. su. Pour boiling water over the plant, keep on low heat for 5 minutes, then cover and wrap in a towel to allow the broth to brew well. When completely cool, pour into ice molds.
After washing or peeling in the morning, wipe your face with an ice cube in circular motions along the massage lines. The duration of the procedure depends on the condition of the skin and your feelings. The skin should not freeze; should acquire a fresh pink color after ice massage. Severe redness indicates hypothermia and shortening of the procedure.
You can also easily make lifting masks at home that perfectly tighten and refresh the skin. The most popular of these are protein and gelatin.
Protein with aloe and honey
This mask is not only an excellent lifting effect, but also a real vitamin bomb. Honey contains more than 300 vitamins and trace elements, and aloe pulp rejuvenates the skin, perfectly moisturizes and initiates the process of cell renewal.
- 1 egg white;
- 1 tablespoon. a spoonful of honey;
- 1 aloe leaf.
Recipe:Beat well with honey until you get a white foam. Peel an aloe vera pulp, chop finely, mix well and add to the protein foam. Apply the mask on your face and leave on for 20-30 minutes. Then remove the residue with a napkin and rinse with lukewarm water.
Gelatin with banana and lemon
Perfectly cleanses, brightens and refreshes the face. Bananas contain many valuable nutrients needed to improve the condition of the skin, and lemon juice contains a large amount of youthful vitamin C.
- 1 tablespoon. a spoonful of gelatin;
- half a banana;
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
Recipe:Pour 3 tablespoons of gelatin. tablespoon of water and leave for 30-40 minutes to swell, and then heat in a water bath until the granules are completely dissolved. Crush until banana puree. Stir the slightly cooled gelatine slowly into the banana puree. When the mass is homogeneous, pour lemon juice, mix again and apply on face in an even layer. Leave on for 20-30 minutes, then remove with a napkin and rinse with lukewarm water.